All of our staff who have a direct involvement with Family Court cases are qualified, experienced social workers, who want to improve the lives of children in Wales. They are all registered with Social Care Wales.
To find out more about our training programme visit the Our staff page.
Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
CIW is responsible for inspecting social care and social services across Wales to make sure the services provide the highest standard of service to children and families in Wales.
CIW inspects Cafcass Cymru. The most recent inspection was in November 2013, the report judged our quality of service provision as ‘Good’.
We remain committed to improving our services so that we may best serve children and their families. We want to hear from you so if you have any suggestions about how we could improve our service please visit our feedback page
Our Advisory Committee
The Cafcass Cymru Advisory Committee supports the Cafcass Cymru Senior Management team in the strategic development of the organisation and to advise them on relevant stakeholder issues.
The Committee has no executive powers and is advisory in its purpose, which is to:
- Represent stakeholders’ interests and provide suggestions to Cafcass Cymru on a range of practice issues.
- Act as an external consultative reference point in relation to the development of strategies and policies.
- Ensure the views of children and young people inform the strategic development and delivery of the organisation.
- Consider the impact of new legislation and developments in the family justice system in relation to the development of the organisation in Wales.
- Provide members of the Committee with the opportunity to raise issues for discussion relevant to Cafcass Cymru functions that impact on their organisations.
The committee meets 3 times a year and is currently chaired by Jackie Murphy – Chief Executive, Tros Gynnal Plant.
Advisory committee minutes:
Advisory Committee member organisations:
- Association for Fostering and Adoption (AFA) Cymru
- Association of Directors of Social Services Cymru (ADSS) representative
- Black Association of Women Step Out (BAWSO)
- Children in Wales
- Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Families Need Fathers (FNF) Both Parents Matter (BPM) Cymru
- Family Mediation Council
- Family Rights Group
- Law Society Representative
- Learning Disability Wales
- Legal Services Commission
- Magistrates Association
- National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)
- NSPCC Cymru
- Special Needs Advisory Project (SNAP) Cymru
- Tros Gynnal Plant
- Voices from Care
- Welsh Women’s Aid