You can take a rehabilitation course to reduce your driving ban if:
- you’re found guilty of a drink-drive offence
- your ban is for 12 months or more
The course can reduce:
- your driving ban by up to 25%
- your insurance premium
- the likelihood of reoffending
You will only be offered the chance to take the course on the day you are sentenced. If you are not offered the course, you should ask for it.
- costs between £150 and £250 depending on the provider
- will usually take place on 3 separate days over a period of at least 14 days
- will help you understand the impact alcohol has on driving.
The courts are able to offer you the option of a course for a second offence but are unlikely to offer it for a third.
You can change the course provider after you have told the court which one you want to use.