This consultation ended 20 April 2018.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on proposals for engaging communities in Wales that may wish to host a geological disposal facility (GDF) for radioactive waste.
A GDF will only be built in Wales if a community is willing to host it.
We are consulting on:
- arrangements for engaging with communities which may wish to enter discussions,
- how the boundaries of the potential host community might be defined,
- how community investment funding should be distributed,
- access by a community in discussions to independent third party expert views,
- how and when a community’s right to withdraw from discussions should operate,
- how and when to test public support to ensure that a community is willing to host a GDF.
For more information about this consultation, e-mail EQR@gov.wales