This scheme provides grants to fund (or part-fund) the installation costs of new broadband connections for homes and businesses in Wales. It does not include monthly rental costs.
New connections through this scheme must deliver a step change in speed - with at least double your current download speeds eg a current connection of 10Mbps must improve to at least 20Mbps.
The amount of funding you can receive depends on the speed of the new connection:
- £400 for 10Mbps and above
- £800 for 30Mbps and above
Applying for the grant
- Check eligibility – details can be found in the ‘Eligibility criteria and scheme conditions’ in the document downloads.
- Carefully consider what speed connection your home or business requires today and over the next 12 months.
- Choose an Internet Service Provider (ISP) – look at the list of prospective suppliers to find ISPs that can provide eligible services. Please note that the Welsh Government does not endorse or recommend or make any representations in relation to any of the ISPs on the list. It is your responsibility to identify and choose an ISP who can provide the services that meet your specific needs. We recommend that you speak to several ISPs so that you can make an informed decision. The choice of ISP is yours and the Welsh Government will not be a party to any contract you take with them.
- Complete an application form – download the application form found in the document downloads.
- Send your application to Welsh Government for approval along with a quote from your chosen ISP.
- If approved, you will receive an offer letter. You can then contact your chosen ISP to install your superfast broadband equipment. Once installed and the new speeds have been confirmed funding can be released on your behalf.
- If you have any questions email us at email@example.com.
Why go superfast?
Superfast broadband allows you to communicate and share the things that are most important to you a quicker and more reliable way. Whether you're surfing the web, chatting to family on the other side of the world or discovering new places to visit, with a high speed internet connection it's so much better.