This consultation ended 27 June 2018.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on ways to tackle avoidance of non-domestic rates (business rates) in Wales.
We are consulting on:
- ways to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information provided about ratepayers’ circumstances
- whether the arrangements for empty property rates and relief should change to reduce avoidance
- reducing abuse of mandatory charitable relief by bogus charities
- whether a general anti-avoidance rule could be developed for non-domestic rates in Wales
- non-legislative measures to improve compliance such as joint working between agencies and resources to aid investigation.